06 April 2010

black&white vs. bright

Last weekend, as I was shopping for a dress to wear to a bridal shower, I had a vision of something springy - maybe floral, maybe pastel, definitely flowy - but whatever it was, it was NOT going to be black or white! How could it? My closet is FULL of little black dresses and I needed to add a little spice to my life.

Surprise - I ended up with this perfect Corey Lynn Calter Robbie strapless black & white pencil dress. I would have been disappointed in myself, but it fit me like a glove & there is no way I was going home with out it. Besides, I plan on wearing a bright pair of platforms to liven it up [I know...excuses, excuses!].

From now on, I am on a mission for C O L O R...I PROMISE!
Photos via Shopbop - Mara Hoffman Beaded Mini Kimono Dress, Mason by Michelle Mason Peak Lapel Mini Dress, Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent Drape One Shoulder Dress

1 comment:

  1. Oh Meg, I swear we were seperated at birth. I was on the SAME mission last weekend and I ended up with a black, white & grey floral print so I am pairing it with some loud shoes. But I do need more color let's shop together and only let the other buy color!!! See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete